
Amanda says...
I needed a project. I didn't realize I needed one so much until I started this one.
You know, something happened when I started working at the haunted house. It allowed me to tap into a creative part of myself I may have never found. I don't know why or how I came up with Lacey. But for five years she has been brewing in my mind, even after place closed. She's been gaining momentum, running around, becoming more complex over time.
I think I love it.
So I made a Halloween costume. At least, that was my excuse. The costume took me just under a month to make. I am fairly certain I'm going to keep adding to it, especially the jacket. Honestly, I have now created another layer to this whole Lacey complex. It's starting to get ridiculous. But I'm just going roll with it.

This is the back of the straight jacket.
Made of old t shirts and safety pins.
The front and sleeves of the jacket.
The patch on the left arm was from my Fear of Going Insane tank from the haunted house. It was tough to cut it up, but worth it.

The front and back of the pants.
"Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)," by The Eurythmics.
"Crazy," Patsy Cline.
I think this is my favorite section on the pants.
From The Shining, by Stephen King.
Currently reading this, like I do every Fall.
Of course.
It almost fills the whole left pant leg.
From 12 Monkies.
The whole right pant leg is dedicated to the movie.
Made of old t shirts and safety pins.
The front and sleeves of the jacket.The patch on the left arm was from my Fear of Going Insane tank from the haunted house. It was tough to cut it up, but worth it.

The front and back of the pants.
"Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)," by The Eurythmics."Crazy," Patsy Cline.
I think this is my favorite section on the pants.
From The Shining, by Stephen King.Currently reading this, like I do every Fall.
Of course.It almost fills the whole left pant leg.
From 12 Monkies.The whole right pant leg is dedicated to the movie.
The pants also include:
Excerpts from the movies Session 9 and Silence of the Lambs.
An excerpt from the book Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk.
Lyrics from "They're Coming to Take Me Away," by Dr. Dimento, "Crazy," by Gnarles Barkley, and "Only," by Nine Inch Nails.
And a quote from Edgar Allen Poe.
Excerpts from the movies Session 9 and Silence of the Lambs.
An excerpt from the book Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk.
Lyrics from "They're Coming to Take Me Away," by Dr. Dimento, "Crazy," by Gnarles Barkley, and "Only," by Nine Inch Nails.
And a quote from Edgar Allen Poe.
Lacey says...
I feel pretty...
Oh so pretty...
I feel pretty...
Oh so pretty...
No comments:
Post a Comment