"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Friday, November 20, 2009

A Tantrum

Lacey says...

There is a pounding in my chest tonight. Something is trying to escape. It's going to explode from me with a spray of blood and lung tissue. I know it's going to happen any second now.

Pound... pound... pound...

Did I just see it jump under my skin? I think I did. It's almost there, almost free. Any moment now... A BLUR OF BEAUTIFUL BRUTALITY WILL BLAST THROUGH MY BROKEN BREAST, BREAKING BEYOND BITTER BONDAGE! BEWARE!

Knock... knock... knock...

What goes there? No one is home. I'm vacationing in Fiji for the winter. Won't you come back in the Spring when I have returned with glorious stories of my travels?

Pound... pound... POUND!

No hablo Inglés. Váyase, por favor.

KNOCK... KNOCK... KNOCK!!!

Quick! Barricade the door! We've got ourselves a fighter. Dig into the trenches, boys. We're in this thing for the long haul. God save us!!!


Susie says...

This is ridiculous. So you almost killed yourself three years ago tonight.

Mr. Lemon Pie saved you. You're not dead. It was three years ago. Get over it.


Lacey says...

Way to take the wind out of my sails, bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment