"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Thursday, November 5, 2009

What About What I Need?

Sparky says...



Whoa, whoa, whoa... I wasn't around when everyone got to do their new life affirmations activity. And call me a selfish bitch, but I want to play too.



I need to be seen. I need to pick a fight, even if it's a petty argument. I need to fuck with people. I need to get all fired up! I need to perfect my act. I need to be narccistic. I need to roll into a room and know I own the attention of every person in it. I need to get in shape. I need to remind myself the past is in the past, you can't take it back, but you can most certainly repeat it.



The last one is the toughest I think. In a lot of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment