"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Vacation?




Nina says...

A clever centipede once said...

"Bright lights, big city
That's where we gotta go
Where the food is great and the bugs are so pretty
I'd like to get my arms around a hundred or so!
I'd hug 'em, squeeze 'em, hold 'em tight
Sleep all day, dance all night
I want the bright lights and the big city
That's the life for me, yeah"



Susie says...

The time has come yet again to band together... unfortunately. Now throughout this whole ordeal I want you to remember that we are ALL miserable, therefore we are ALL in it together.

I know how excruciating it is to surrender control to be me. But let's be honest, I am the only one capable of steering us through this. This is a situation that calls for stability, humility, and grace. Composure if of the utmost importance. With a little bit of luck, we will fade into the background while the drama unfolds before us...

I'm talking about the annual family trip to Mexico. One full week with the whole family. Thousands of miles from home, with nowhere else to go. ... I hope the ocean is devastatingly beautiful.

I won't kid you, it most likely won't be easy. In fact, at times, it may be downright unbearable. But we can do it. We must, we must, we must!

And as a reward for good behavior, I have one hell of treat for you. Two weeks after we get home, we are going to Vegas. For New Years. Bring in the new year with a bang!

Survive in Mexico, celebrate in Vegas. It will be worth it. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment