"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sooo...

Lacey says...

Good morning, Sunshine. Were you hoping the skies would clear while you slept? Oh I have some sad news, honey... Forecast calls for snow and lonesome cold. My apologies for being the bearer of such unapologetic news.

I think I'll stay here for a little while. I had weeks of spectacular sleep and I am sharper than ever.

I think I might become the monster they've always wanted. Malleable, momentary... and completely merciless. A shapeshifter. A sympathetic spirit that turns into a sadistic slut right before their very eyes. They will feel so very sorry until snap! Oh how splendid it all sounds.

Maybe. Just maybe.

Maybe I will keep very still. So still it sickens you. I will sit there silently with a sinister smile. So so so still it will scare you. You will expect everything from me! And still, I will sit.

Or maybe I will slither slowly up your spine. Make every sensation shiver. Sing shocking songs softly to you. Saunter about in your sick little soul.

So unsure of my strategy.

But I swear to you... I shall stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment