"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's All Happening



Penny: Speaking of the world. I've made a decision. I'm going to live in Morocco for one year. I need a new crowd. ...do you wanna come?




Nina Says...

I can feel an itch. It is burried deep within my chest, very near to my heart. It is small, but it is growing. It is persistant and undeniable. I can feel it when the wind changes its course. I must change with it. I have grown so tired of this place, these people... this life. This rat race has become predictable and boring. It's time to run with a new herd, and with a new purpose. I will no longer be content if I stay.

I only planned to put off my dreams to be lazy for a bit. But a little while turned into a long while which has now turned into too long a while. And the thought of becoming an old lady with a head full of what could have been sounds like the most painful death I can think of.

Action is required. Danger is craved. The unkown is waiting for me. And it won't beckon forever.

It's time to go. I will let you know where when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment