"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Sunday, May 3, 2009

To the Viking.

Lacey says...

What am I suppose to do when you stare at me with those big eyes of your's. You are so kind. And it fucking kills me even more inside. Especially since it is not you I hate. It is him.

There is a wall between you two. And only I know why. All I have ever wanted is to tell you what happened. Everything. Let you decide for yourself how much you really want to be his friend. I could give a fuck less if you lose your best friend. But I'm not the one in charge of this one.

Do you have any idea what he has done to her? How much he has taken from her? That he is responsible for the mess she has become. In one night, he broke it all. She can't even have a meaningful friendship with you, who has done nothing to hurt her and never would. Because all she sees is him when she looks at you. Ha. It appears he has even taken things from you and you don't even know it. Some fucking friend you've got there.

I imagine one day I will tell you the story. Every horrible, graphic detail. I will break down that wall and you will see everything for what it really is. You will see what she has really become and you will know he is the one that made her that way. And you will see your best friend for the Devil he really is.

You probably won't be her friend after that. Most people who know the truth about that night never stick around. Fucking cowards who can't handle knowing that things that shitty really do happen to girls like her. No matter how much Jesus is suppose to love them. But then again, you probably won't be his friend either. And that is worth it to me. More than worth it. Because he deserves to lose everything. Sooner rather than later.

But she isn't ready for that. And may never be. Christ, she can be so pathetic sometimes. But I am sure that is why you like her. You nice boys love those girls you think you can save. You just don't know how far beyond your salvation she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment