"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Sunday, May 24, 2009

I Fear Nothing


You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.


Susie says...

You know there are a great many things to be learned in this life. The greatest lesson of all being that everyone in this world, including your enemies, will succumb to death. I have yet to meet a single immortal in this world, and I seriously doubt I ever will in this lifetime. I love death. It is one of the most underestimated things, yet the truth is it levels the playing field for all. It makes the game of life completely pointless, since everyone is going to win the same thing in the end anyway. Or I suppose it can also mean everyone will lose in the end. But I am an optimist and prefer to see my glass half full.

There are very few people who realize and accept this simple, inevitable, unchangeable truth. I know I am going to die someday. I also know that I probably won't see it coming, so making any sort of prediction about when, where and how is a waste of time. I also know how truly futile material gain is. Sure having a lot of money may be usefull today. But is my money going to protect me from that bus that will flatten me tomorrow? I think not. The same can be said about power, or rather the illusion of power. Can I really strike fear into the heart of the cancer that will eat away my body someday? I highly doubt it.

Those of us that actually do pull our heads far enough out of our asses to make this realization are privy to quite the spectacle when we do. Most of the humans that populate this earth are simple, God-fearing creatures, who are easily manipulated by the ideas of wealth and material accomplishment. They fear death, yet so many do not actually believe in it. It's so strange. It gives someone like me an upper hand. You see, I know the game, and I play it well. Yet I know the game is pointless. I know I will win the exact same thing as my oponents when it is all said and done.
You may ask why play the game at all? In return I ask, why the hell not?

The game is more fun than most could ever imagine. Especially once you realize the true nature of it. The actually point of the game is not to win. The point is to fuck with as many players along the way as possible. And search for that worthy adversary who has truly awakened to his or her own mortality. That is where you will find the true meaning in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment