"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Thursday, March 4, 2010

It [Was]n't Me

"My nightly bloodlust [has] overflowed into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip."
-Patrick Bateman, American Psycho

Lacey says...

I am so fucking sick of keeping it together. I am reaching that point where mania will take over and I will have an "episode." It's been a painfully long while since I've lost my mind.

Things will stop making sense. I will become emotion-- rage! Lots of rage!!! I'm sick of things being broken. And since I can't fix them, I will simply break more. Why not?

Imagine my mind is a ledge, lined with beautiful, crystal wine glasses. From afar a mysterious sniper is shooting them one by one. Complete silence and then BOOM! Shards fly and a once perfect glass is obliterated. It is a slow way to destroy a mind. I can't stand it. So instead of waiting for the sadistic sniper to finish his job, I would rather destroy the glasses all at once. Throwing them to the ground till it shimmers with the pieces of my sanity. At least I will have made the mess myself. And the destruction will be finished.

I need to fuck or fight. Or both. Yes yes, both. With blood, bruises, and broken bodies.

I need a victim.

Preferably not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment