"I am very proud to be here tonight. And to have the chance to tell you, and him, that my dad has always been my greatest teacher. Whether the lesson is big or small, I always listen carefully to what he has to say. In the end, he is usually right. He’s stubborn too. He won’t give up on me until I get it. I remember when I was younger he was helping me with my homework, I was learning fractions. Every time I got a problem right he jogged a lap around the living room. By the end of the night he was pretty tired, but I was a pro at fractions.
Friday, March 26, 2010
I'm A Rocket Man!
The Narrator says...
Sparky shifts her eyes from her dinner plate to the thirty guests that sit before her. Her audience. A quiet part of her has always prepared for this moment. It silently took notes over the years, hanging on moments that would be important later. Moments that are important tonight. She's ready to change a life or two.
She then looks to her right, at her father, the birthday boy. Her purpose.
Quickly, she decides not to look at him until she needs to.
Holy fuckin' showtime! (...I hope this Susie Sunshine shit works.)
Watch my glitter fly, bitches. Prepare to get misty eyed.
Ahem!
Lacey says...
Cheers, daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment