And now I shall quote Dennis Lehane from the book Shutter Island. The elusive Rachel Solando is the most useful character in the whole story.
"If you are deemed insane, then all actions that would otherwise prove you are not do, in actuality, fall into the framework of an insane person's actions. Your sound protests constitute denial. Your valid fears are labeled paranoia. Your survival instincts are labeled defense mechanisms. It's a no-win situation. It's a death penalty really. Once you're here, you're not getting out..."
Oh and...
"...Now ask yourself, how does pain enter the body?"
"It depends on where you're hurt."
"No." She shook her head emphatically. "It has nothing to do with the flesh. The brain sends neural transmitters down through the nervous system. The brain controls pain," she said. "It controls fear. Sleep. Empathy. Hunger. Everything we associate with the heart or the soul or the nervous system is actually controlled by the brain. Everything."
"Okay..."
Her eyes shone in the firelight. "What if you could control it?"
I like this book.
Lacey says...
Everything feels wrong today!
I've somehow skipped a beat. Lost a few minutes while I slept and I have arrived here too early. Nothing sounds right. Or tastes right. Nothing feels right.
I am a molecule with one too many electrons. I am unstable. Yes yes, I like how that word rolls off my tongue... uuunnnnsssstttaaabbbllleee... Mmmmm... at least that tasted right.
Perhaps I've been shoved in a corner for a bit too long and cabin fever is finally settling in. Or perhaps I've been alerted somehow by an outside force that a war is coming and it's high-time I put up my dukes! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! Or perhaps that one stubborn screw has finally come a bit too loose and the whole structure has begun to shake with the inevitability of a great collapse.
I need to fix this incongruency. I need synchronization!!! I need to find those minutes that got away from me and yank them back into place. I need to climb the missing seconds to get back on top of my game. I need to fit the square pegs into those tiny, round holes. I need to pound them into place until they are stuck stuck stuck!!!
I need to fit again.
No comments:
Post a Comment