I swear to God it was the creepiest thing that has ever happened to me. I was just sitting there, minding my own business, when all the sudden I heard her. I actually fucking heard her! ...Lacey. She was laughing in my head. (...or maybe I'm in her's? Oh I don't know!) Honestly, the initial shock was completely from the act itself. I mean, actually hearing an imaginary friend that you completely fabricated, it's weird to say the least. Terrifying at the most. Thankfully (and even more, surprisingly) I got over the terror pretty quickly. For some odd reason, I just got use to her presence with the kind of ease one has when an old-time friend pays them a surprise visit. As if I had secretly been expecting her for some time now.
However, I moved on from that fear only to discover a much more sinister one. Lacey was laughing. ...laughing? LAUGHING!
Okay, so rewind! When I first created Lacey, did I create her laugh? Have I ever made her happy? Is she even capable of being happy?!!! ...not the Lacey I created. I created her to be dark and depressed and all emo. She has never laughed.
The woman I hear in my head now is not the one I created. She is becoming her own creature. My very own monster. But I know it is her... because she won't stop saying her name. And she won't stop laughing.
And I don't think I want to her to. I find myself laughing with her. Haha. Silly, I know.
Lacey is happy. So I am happy.
Lacey says...
Okay, so my dialogue is a bit difficult to relay in writing. But then again, I've always been better understood in person. So until we actually meet, bear with me.
Lacey is not ... (whispers) lost
Haha.
Lacey is .... (whispers) found
Hahahaha.
Straight! FORWARD!!!!
Lacey knows where she is going!!!!
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
And Lacey is loved!
Like a lost little lamb.
Tehehehehehe.
And lucky!
So lucky!!!
Lucky little Lacey!!!
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!
I'm busting out of the box. For freedom is far to much fun to forebear.
Fear me.
I am no longer lost. I am loose.
Haha.
Lacey is .... (whispers) found
Hahahaha.
Straight! FORWARD!!!!
Lacey knows where she is going!!!!
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
And Lacey is loved!
Like a lost little lamb.
Tehehehehehe.
And lucky!
So lucky!!!
Lucky little Lacey!!!
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!
I'm busting out of the box. For freedom is far to much fun to forebear.
Fear me.
I am no longer lost. I am loose.
http://lifeofdi.wordpress.com/2009/10/01/support-the-rapist/#comments
ReplyDelete