"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Think I Was Waiting For You

"So surround me.
I need anything.
And you, you're everything."

-The Format

Lacey says...

You see I try this dark corner over here, and you follow. Then you beckon me out with my kind of language and stories that are equally as dark.

So then I try this corner, one that is even dirtier, and still you are undeterred, still you follow. Still you join me and lead me into one of your own caverns. I try here, I try there, convinced that one of these times you will become too terrified to continue on. That you will leave me. And still you stay.

And when I have run out of things to spook you away with, you are content to share the silence. With me.

You make me forget who I have been for so long. I am becoming who I once was. But better.

Who the hell are you?

Where the hell did you come from?

Why the fuck don't I scare you? (And how the fuck am I so scared of you?)

...and why the hell am I so happy in my confusion?
(Happy? Did I just say happy?)

No comments:

Post a Comment