
Nina says...
My favorite high is the way I feel just before I'm about to pass out. It is calm and peaceful. There is no real noise, only fading images and intense sensations. It's like I'm floating. Or maybe falling. Or maybe nothing at all.
I find myself in an in-between dimension. One where the darkest memories of the past finally seem to stay where they should, and an inviting future is calling to me from a place beyond my comprehension. And the present moment is filled with nothing but the best memories, ones where I was a whole person. I relive the infected moments that have always seen me from one dark corner in my life to the next. Sometimes I can actually hear the music as the world fades away... the soundtrack of my story. And while I listen to the reminiscent beat, it feels as though a mysterious white light takes hold of my hand and sits there with me. It comforts me. It begins to tug on my hand, pulling me gently towards the unknown. A future that seems full of promise. One where every bit of potential I have ever had can finally be realized. A place where there is no pain.
But I love my infection more. I resist the urge to move forward. I let go of the light, and start to fade back into the world. Into the moment. Into the darkness again.
I wake up.
Lacey says...
At least I have already gone through this before. It's pretty hard to be scared when I already know what's coming. And the worst thing that could have happened already has. And I'm still here.
Is this the best you can do, Fancis? I dare you to show me better.
No comments:
Post a Comment