"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Monday, August 30, 2010

Underground

Insanity, can it be vanity? Where is the humanity?
And havin' a twisted fantasy with an arm a leg amputee
Straight jacket with a hundred and eight brackets
And a strap that wraps twice around my back
Then they latch it
-Eminem

Susie says...

You would think the worst part of my job would be having to help people who are more stupid than I am all day long. You would think. The truth is, that torment almost doesn't compare to working for people who are more stupid than I am. It is a game of patience I fear I am slowly starting to lose.

I have always struggled with being passive aggressive. I'm too ambitious.


Lacey says...

Insanity is coming this early. Can you smell it in the air, Miss Sunshine. Nipping at your nose. Making your hair stand on end. Like an electrical charge--lightning about to strike. The anticipation is so much worse than it's arrival. Wouldn't you agree?

Put 'em up, Sue. I'm ready to dance around the ring with. Oh so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment