"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Friday, August 20, 2010

Purge

Amanda says...

I'm broke and depressed. Survival mode has kicked in, luckily. And either fate or coincidence (maybe both) has made the situation do-able.

I have a new roommate. I promised myself I was done with that. But sometimes shit happens.

Nina says...

Oh yes. It's become my new Lebowski. It makes my heart happy, especially before bed.


Susie says...

Alright, ladies. It's true, times have gotten a bit tough. But we all know I thrive under pressure. I will fix this. I realize and truly appreciate that you have made sacrifices. Incredibly uncomfortable sacrifices, yet, important sacrifices. Thank you for that.

Just stick with me--trust me--and things will start to feel normal again very soon. I give you my word, you will feel right at home in no time.

Sparky says...

Have I ever thanked you, Jesus? I don't think I ever have... Therfore, thank you soooo much for two of your greatest miracles. 1. Beer. (Seriously, you fuckin' rock for that one!) 2. Thank you for giving me a social niche and the conversational skills to work it. It makes it so much easier to attain and enjoy number 1.

Well now that we have gotten that out of the way.

I have made a decision. A subconscious one at first, it started mostly as a joke. It has now become a cemented rule: I will not fuck anyone new until I finish my book. Period. End of story. It will provide motivation to finish, if nothing else.

(Pray for me that I actually stick to it.)

Lacey says...

Oh my literary puzzle, you are starting to fit together so well.

Lacey ise loved.
Loved. Lovely. Longed for. And looking.
But Lacey is not lost.
She is found. Straight. Forward.
She knows where she is going.
And Lacey is not left.
She is right. Correct. True.
Lacey is not a lie.
Because Lacey is lucky.
Like the color lime green.
Not black. Or blue. Or brown.
Because Lacey is alive!
Striving. Thriving. Hypnotizing.
Tick-tocking your time away.
Till tomorrow becomes today.

Sway with her.
As she slithers up her spine.
She's slippery.
And like trickery...
She'll seduce you.
And sweep you away.
She'll sing to you. Soothe you.
And swear to you she'll stay.
She'll satiate your unsatisfiable starvation.
She'll save your soul one second!
Just to slice it up.
Swallow it down...
And savor it in the next.

But before you're aware.
You're addicted.
Inflicted!
Conflicted...

Craving her carnage.
And cursing your own curiosity.
You'll call for her.
Cling to her.
Cry. Cringe. And collapse.
Then you will crawl to her.
And she'll caress you.
Comfort and console you.
You will quiver with each calculated kiss.
As she consumes you.
Confuses you. Complicates you.
Creating something chaotic.
Where quiet composition once was.
She'll cut you down.
Contorting your character.
Till you will kill for her.
Becoming her criminal.
Committing crimes of a cataclysmic caliber.
She creeps... She creeks...
You can hear her coming.
Like the cock of a 12 gauge shotgun.

Locked. Loaded.
And longing to level you.

No comments:

Post a Comment