"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Is Something Burning?

Amanda says...

My seasonal blues have kicked in early this year. Too early. They are bleeding in to what is usually my favorite time of year. My best time of year.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long, cold, quiet couple of months. Not scary. ...just sad. And desperately lonely.

Perhaps I put myself in this position, though. Perhaps there will be a method to my madness. I would be so thrilled to find something to show for it all by Spring.

I hope.

Or perhaps I will be as hopeless as Jack Torrence, searching for what he lost in a dark, endless winter that consumes him.


Lacey says...

I am content to crouch.
Quietly.
...carefully.

Like a chaos kept in close quarters.
I will cook.
Incubate.
Become.

I will claw my way out when I'm crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment