I hate today. I hate this whole week. And there is no getting around it either, that's the kicker. I wish I could just hit the fast forward button; next week please! I can't help it either. I try so hard not to remember the date. But once I look at the calendar, all the negative thoughts start rolling in. I can't stop those either, anymore than I can stop June from having a third... or a fourth, fifth, sixth... Though I secretly hope that someday I can.
More than anything I wish I could cut it all away. Remove it. Erase the significance from my memory. I would rather be bored right now, a clean slate. Free of the ghosts.
The date feels stained, just like I feel stained. Used already, reserved. Tainted.
I miss feeling whole. Like a real person.
I hate remembering the things I may never get back.
Persy says...
Did someone say cut?
I dare you to try
Maybe you really can make it all go away
Go on, give it a whirl
Attempt to carve it away
I'll cheer you on
So you won't be alone
I bet you can do it
Just pick up the blade
And see what happens
...I won't tell a soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment