I love spending nights alone with Freddy. He just gets me, ya know?
"I work hard every day of my life
I work till I ache my bones
At the end of the day I take home my hard-earned pay
All on my own
I get down on knees
And I start to pray
Till the tears run down from my eyes
Lord! Somebody? Somebody!
Can anybody find me somebody to love?"
Sparky says...
Sometimes, when it's quiet like this in the apartment, I wonder what it would be like to be in love. I've realized it really wouldn't take much to make me a happy woman.
He wouldn't give me much attention, because he would know I don't like it. But we would still hang out a lot. I imagine us sitting side by side for hours, not speaking, just doing our own thing. Together. Occasionally nudging one another, thanking the other for taking up space so well.
We would talk about music a lot. We would dedicate each night of the week to a different artist, teaching each other our favorites. Critiquing. Debating. Listening.
Our arguments would be wonderful. Never about anything important, but passionate nonetheless. Because we would both be stubborn. We would bicker constantly, always pushing the other's buttons.
Most importantly, we would go. Whenever and wherever we felt like. We wouldn't make plans.
I like this man, whoever he is. I hope I meet him someday.
I love you madly and love the way your mind works. I am sad for your pain.
ReplyDeleteLove you Mom