So give it up, throw your hats in the air
and change just as they land
you're saying "we'll get out of here"
But something tells me you're too scared to go
-The Format
Sparky says...
So the high school reunion has come and gone. And only one word is really needed to describe it... disappointment.
I had such grand expectations. I was ready, willing, and practically begging to fuck with every single person there. I had my game face on. Only to find myself amongst a group of people so pathetic they were literally not worth fucking with. The second they all got together again it was like "high school mode" was activated. They all horded together into there little cliques and didn't venture out for anything.
At first, I was undeterred. I kept smiling at everyone, waiting for someone to grow a pair and start a conversation. When that didn't happen, I myself started just going up to random people and creating conversation out of thin air, making painful small talk with incredible poise. And that's when I noticed it... the fear. It was if I could read the thoughts going a million miles a minute in everyone's head. It was, "Oh shit, she speaks!" Every single one of them were a deer in the headlights, frozen in confusion. They couldn't even cling to every day subjects like the weather or the news or what time it was. My interaction with them fried their circuits that badly. I found myself so bored I almost screamed in the middle of a conversation with someone I couldn't even bring myself to remember. It was the biggest waste of time I've ever subjected myself to.
I suppose very few things ever change. They were scared of me then, and they are fucking terrified of me now. I have no use for them. They are not even worth revenge.
So what can be learned from this experience?
Never look back.
No comments:
Post a Comment