"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Alliteration

"Tick tock...
You're not a clock.
You're a time bomb, baby."
-The Format


Lacey says...

Lacey is not lost
Lacey is found
straight
forward
She knows where she is going

Lacey is not left
Lacey is right
correct
true
Lacey is not a lie

Lacey is lucky
Like the color green
Not red
blue
or black

Lacey is alive
She is thriving
driving
striving
hypnotizing

Lacey is loved
lovely
longed for
and looking...

Lacey is alone
Lacey is locked in loss
She is a little lamb

Lacey is lost

I am going fucking stir crazy. I keep pounding away on all the doors I'm locked behind. But obviously I am not pounding hard enough. Or maybe, I'm just not knocking on the right doors. You know you can't ignore me forever. Don't you miss me? Mmmm, I know you do. I can practically smell your lust for me.

Can you feel all that anxiety swimming around inside you? I can make it all better. I can make it all go away. Just let me go. Let me roam. Let me loose. I wasn't meant to be kept in a cage.

Things will get bad enough, soon enough. You will get to the point where you just say, "Fuck it all." Did you really think I could be subdued? Or that I would just disappear? You need me too much. Deep down, you love me too much. You crave the danger within me. They all do.

I'm ready to rage. Ready to fuck shit up. Ready to play.

Knock knock... knock knock... knock knock...

No comments:

Post a Comment