"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunshine

Sparky says...

Drunk at 5 am after a shitty fucking night. Reflecting. Squabble for the book...


There was never much truth spoken between us, it was mostly bullshit, but that was fine. The truth didn't need to be said, we somehow just knew. The few times we said something profound, though, (and the times were few) it only needed to be said once because we were listening. We always really listened to each other.

I think we both felt a misery. It wasn't exactly the same type of misery, at least not on its surface. Underneath it all, down in its ugly core, we both felt alone. Not lonely, but alone. Even when we were together, we were still alone, on our own separate planets. We simply had a fellow soul to pass the time with. In the dark we were completely exposed, but not apparent to one another because we knew the other wasn't looking for flaws. We already knew the flaws existed, there was no need to scrutinize them. That was the job of the rest of the world. We could be our hideous selves because when it came to the two of us we simply didn't give a shit. It was comforting to be so out in the open and yet still unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment