"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."

-Edgar Allen Poe

An exceprt from the movie 12 Monkeys...

It's a condition of "mental divergence". I find myself on another planet, Ogo, part of an intellectual elite, preparing to subjugate barbarian hordes on Pluto. But even though it's a totally convincing reality in every way...I can feel, breathe, hear...nevertheless, Ogo is actually a construct of my psyche. I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life here. When I stop going there, I will be well. Are you also divergent, friend?

-L.J. Washington


Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bright Lights

Lacey says...

Oh my dear, Sparky. What have you gotten yourself into?

And I thought Susie was a slut. Turns out you are just as eager to sell your soul for a shot at the big time. We both know you will do it. And that by the end of it you will be nothing more than a cute little credit for the people to gawk at. You can hold your breath all you want, hoping the story associated with it is worth telling. As for me, I'm breathing deep and moving on.

They own you now. And he owns your words.

...that's the real matter at hand. The story is up in the air. And who knows, he may actually surprise me with what he writes. He's a good writer. But if I can help it, it will be the last thing he ever writes about you.

Never trust a cat. They may look at you with big blue eyes that make you think they are there for you completey. But underneath it all, they are self-serving. You are only as good as the attention you give them. And when put to the test, they will prove it to you. They will leave you high and dry without batting an eye, because they already got what they wanted out of you.

You have become irrelevant.

So show me the dotted line where we sign our soul away. Promise me the world and I will give you my signature. Let's get this show on the road!

You are going to make the most fabulous Little Trooper this world has ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment